The Religious Man
- Let me tell you a story of a future event.
- If youre reading this, its no
- The man in this story could even be you,
- but dont jump to conclusions, wait
till youre through.
- It all took place at the great white
- A small naked man was there standing
- He stood there with rancor, disgust and
- I could tell just by looking he was not at
- Then a voice said "No Lord. His name
is not here."
- The man blurted, out without one ounce of
- "This is outrageous! Let me see that
- Im not a fornicator, liar or
- "Ive kept all the rules and
- supported the cause and held high
- I dont break the law. Im a
good, moral man.
- I set an example and help where I
- "In all of my days, Ive not
taken a life.
- I loved all my children, my friends and my
- You can ask anybody in the whole earth,
- Ive never mistreated a soul from my
- "I deserve to be given all that
- I will not be carried away to be burned.
- I demand to see who it is thats in
- theres been a mistake here; one
thats quite large."
- "Im supposed to be lifted away
in the sky.
- Why am I standing here? I demand to know
- What do mean that that time came and went?
- Ive been saying my prayers and
fasting for Lent."
- "Ive gone to confession and
counted my beads,
- Ive helped out my neighbors and
those that had needs.
- Who is in charge here? ... I demand to
- Then a thundering voice, like many waters,
- "I AM", He said,
"The Way you do not know.
- You chose in your life the way you would
- You followed the way that seems right unto
- You followed the Great Whores
- "Like a thief and a robber
youve tried to come in.
- Youve brought me your own self made
offering for sin.
- Your filthy rags will not be accepted
- because all of your life it was me
- "I loved you dear sinner with my
- I suffered for you the torture of death.
- And now an eternity for you shall begin.
- Take him from me ... I never knew
- I can still hear the that naked man
- "Please, Please forgive me.
Dont send me away."
- If Id only known, I would have tried
- even laid down my life for the church as a
- Then a Saint leaned over and softly
- in the ears of my heart a sweet precious
- I knew in a heartbeat it was dear brother
- The fellow from Tarsus they used to call
- Then after he quoted the verse once again
- He said, "Heres what it means,
let me explain.
- For all those like him," he said,
"its the same;
- They follow the pathway of works just like
- Cain offered the fruits of his labor, as
- but it was Abel that came by the Blood
- I see now how desperately wicked man is;
- Theres nothing more reprobate than a
mind such as his.
- This self righteous man, though too late,
- he would now be given ALL that hed
- An eternal separation from my Holy God
- out of His presence just like Cain was in
- Now, if youve ask yourself,
"could this be me?"
- The answer my friend is quite easy to see.
- Is your way bloodless, like the offering
- or have you offered the Lamb as your
- If you want to know Jesus, it isnt
too late -
- Let him be your Shepherd, your Path and
- Cast down all your works and your
- tell Him you quit, that you give up,
- Today you could trade your Religion back
- for a loving and personal relationship
- Walk with Him, talk with Him, let Him love
- Thats all that Jesus ever wanted to
- by a former good, moral, religious man.
- *By faith Abel offered unto God a more
excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained
witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his
gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. HEBREWS 11:4